- Experience: 4+ Years
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Remote
- Responsibilities include effectively managing and organizing the CEO’s virtual and in-person meetings schedule, and actively engaging whenever feasible. Thoroughly document meeting notes and share it among appropriate stakeholders. Proactively follow up on action items with the accountable parties and arrange subsequent meetings as needed.
- Take charge of coordinating travel logistics for the CEO and other senior executives as required, including flight bookings, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and necessary visa arrangements.
- Effectively management of incoming communications by carefully screening and directing Phone Calls, Emails, Slack Messages, Social Media mentions, and other forms of correspondence specifically intended for the CEO.
- Occasionally take care of diverse tasks and errands on behalf of the CEO, aiming to maximize productivity and conserve time and energy.
- Provide assistance to the CEO in tasks such as Creating documents, Developing presentations, and Compiling reports. Additionally, ensure efficient management of essential internal projects by tracking their progress status.
- Availability to work in Central Time Zone (USA) or at least overlapping 5 hours to Central Time (USA).
- Minimum 4 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a C-level executive in a sizable organization.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication abilities in English, demonstrating the capacity to anticipate follow-up inquiries, offer recommendations, and maintain a meticulous communication style.
- Proficiency in utilizing Google Workspace, Social media platforms, Canva, Loom, Notion, Chat GPT, and Basecamp.
- Possess the capability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times. This is crucial as the role involves access to sensitive data, including financial information, the CEO’s phone, Mailbox, and Documents.
- Exhibit robust Organizational, Behavioral, and Time-management skills, showcasing the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and handle competing priorities. Adopt a proactive work approach that minimizes the need for constant follow-up from the CEO.
- Experience in the IT industry.
Good To Have
- Understanding of agency business operations.
- A personal blog showcasing writing and comprehension skills.
- Experience working with a USA-based executive.
- Working Days: 5 days a week.
- Gratuity Benefits
- Parenthood: Paid Parental Leaves.
- Festival Holidays: Choose your own holidays.
- Remote Work: Freedom to work from your home office (or anywhere).
- Rewarding Culture: Performance bonus, anniversary gifts, home office setup allowances, etc.
- Global Company: We’re a fully remote company with a distributed team in North America, Asia, and Europe.
- Cross-culture Team: Opportunity to work with cross-culture, cross-country, and cross-function teams.
- Premium WordPress Agency: We are one of the WordPress VIP partners featured by Automattic – the company behind WordPress.com and WooCommerce.
- Enterprise Clients: Opportunity to work on challenging projects with our enterprise clientele: NewsCorp, Sneaker News, Accenture, Wonderwall, etc.
- People First: Focusing on our employee empowerment and enlightenment is our key focus. Please read what our current and past employees share about their experiences at Glassdoor.
- Empower Learning: We organize skill-development workshops, stipends for continuous learning and skill development.
- Culture of Contribution: Our team regularly contributes to the WordPress community, and through our non-profit activities, we continue to contribute to society.
- We are fun to work with: Check out our fun-filled events: Mannequin Challenge, Cooking Talents.